A Little Appreciation: Thanks to Our Summer Interns 2011!
August 22, 2011 | Written By: Healthy Schools Campaign
This summer, we had the pleasure of working with a great group of interns that added to the overall dynamic of Healthy Schools Campaign.
(Shown l-r, Austin Sears, Christine Andersen, Sarah Rosenberg, Katie Hogberg, and Jessica Buche)
Here’s a tidbit about our summer interns:
- Jessica Buche, a program intern assisted the Go for the Gold team with research on nutrition education. The former teacher also led seminars for Fit to Learn and assisted with the School Nurse Leadership event.
- Sarah Rosenberg, our policy intern provided research on various legislative projects and programs. Here’s one of her recent blog posts.
- Katie Hogberg, another Go for the Gold program intern assisted in evaluating program success. Katie also facilitated yoga breaks at several HSC professional development events throughout the summer. Read her latest blog contribution here.
- Austin Sears assisted communications team with developing materials, research, interviews, and event photography. Read his recent blog post on school bus air quality.
- Christine Andersen, a returning program intern, provided assistance and research for several teams. You can read her student perspective on school food here.
- Emily Knight another program intern researched best practices for Breakfast in the Classroom and school recess.
Katie leads a yoga session at the Parent Leadership Institute
Each of these wonderful interns contributed to the facilitation of program events, policy and funding opportunities, and community outreach! We’re glad to have you as a part of the HSC family.
Thank you for your hard work and assistance in various Healthy School Campaign programs. The entire HSC team wishes you the best of luck in completing your education and future endeavors.
We are now welcoming applications for internships beginning in the fall of 2011. To learn more or apply for an internship at HSC, click here.