Friday Recipe: Blueberry Chai “Pudding”
June 15, 2012
by Lana Buseman
There is nothing better in the summer than fresh fruit on a hot day. I absolutely love blueberries and living in the Midwest, it is easy to get great fresh blueberries when they are in season. This berry has so many positives. The blue skin is packed with antioxidants, and they are literally “brain food”; some studies have linked blueberries to a decrease in symptoms related to Alzheimer’s!
Because this recipe uses Greek yogurt, which has a thicker consistency than regular yogurt, I think this recipe turns out more like a pudding — which means it can be both a breakfast dish or a healthy dessert! The cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg give this pudding a spicy and sweet kick that makes it unique and very tasty!
- 1 carton non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Puree blueberries, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and agave in a blender.
- Whip pureed liquid into Greek yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and a fresh mint leaf.