Friday Recipe: Yogurt Peanut Butter Fruit Dip from the Cooking up Change National Champs of the Toho
June 11, 2010 | Written By: Healthy Schools Campaign
This week, we're celebrating the winners of the Cooking up Change national healthy cooking contest with a refreshing and tasty summer snack! The student chefs of the Tohono O'odham Community Action Cooking Club placed
first in the high school division with their tasty, healthy lunch of
tepary bean quesadillas, baby spinach and pear salad with carrot
vinaigrette, and yogurt peanut butter fruit dip. Check out the recipe for the unique and great-tasting yogurt peanut butter fruit dip below. Enjoy!
Yogurt Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- 1/2 cup Low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp Low sodium, reduced sugar creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Apple and pear, unpeeled, chopped
- Combine yogurt, peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Cut apples and pears into slices.
- Place 1/4 cup yogurt dip on a plate or in a bowl and serve with 1 cup of apple and pear slices.
Many thanks to the student chefs for sharing this recipe!