HSC’s #GimmeFive Tips for Parents
April 10, 2015
HSC accepts the First Lady’s challenge and offers tips for parents.
As a way to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Let’s Move, the First Lady is challenging everyone to tell her five things they are doing to eat better, be more active and lead healthier lives. The #GimmeFive campaign kicked off last month and has garnered participation from Rachael Ray, Beyonce and Dwyane Wade.
At Healthy Schools Campaign, we work every day to make sure students eat better, are more active and lead healthier lives. And we accept your challenge, Mrs. Obama!
Here are five things parents can do to support healthier schools and make sure students are thriving:
- Be a healthy role model: encourage fitness for the whole family. Read more.
- Join a school wellness team to encourage changes that support a healthier school environment. Read more.
- Eat healthy as a family. Read more.
- Help celebrate your child’s birthday at school in a fun and healthy way. Read more.
- Serve as a mentor, coaching assistant, monitor, chaperone, or tutors for school health activities. Read more.
Have more tips for parents? #GimmeFive in the comments.