HSC’s #GimmeFive Tips for Teachers
April 03, 2015
We offer five tips for teachers to create healthier school environments.
As a way to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Let’s Move, the First Lady is challenging everyone to tell her five things they are doing to eat better, be more active and lead healthier lives. The #GimmeFive campaign kicked off last month and has garnered participation from Rachael Ray, Beyonce and Dwyane Wade.
At Healthy Schools Campaign, we work every day to make sure students eat better, are more active and lead healthier lives. And we accept your challenge, Mrs. Obama!
Here are five things teachers can do to support healthier schools and make sure students are thriving:
- Celebrate classroom birthdays in a fun, healthy way. Read more.
- Incorporate movement into core lessons to boost student wellness and provide a fun break during a sedentary day. Read more.
- Celebrate school holidays with health-inspired ideas that are both fun and promote healthy lifestyles. Read more.
- Start healthy conversations with parents about how they can support a healthier school environment. Read more.
- Start a school garden to get students excited about eating fresh, healthy produce. Read more.
Have more tips for teachers? #GimmeFive in the comments. Next week, we’ll look at five things parent can do.