Video Spotlight: Cooking up Change is ‘a Phenomenal Experience’
November 01, 2010
We’re just days away from our 2010 Cooking up Change event!
Chef Stephen Menyhart will act as the “cheferee” for our 2010 healthy cooking contest, making sure students follow their rules and recipes! (We spoke with Chef Menyhart about his experiences in this Q&A.) In this video, he tells us why Cooking up Change matters so much to the students who participate.
Check out his story:
- Student Aljibri Reed says winning Cooking up Change allowed him to see his team make a real impact; here.
- Nyah Griffin, a contest alumni and current student mentor gives her perspective on the powerful experience of Cooking up Change; here.
- Chef David Blackmon, CPS program coordinator for culinary arts and hospitality, discusses the ways that Cooking up Change is about more than food in this short video.
- Louise Esaian, logistics officer and head of school nutrition for Chicago Public Schools, explains the power of the contest to help schools win, too, in this short video.
- Chef Jill Houk, cooking contest co-chair, explains the potential of Cooking up Change to raise awareness, in this short video.