Video Spotlight: ‘Giving Back to the Schools’
November 02, 2010
?Chef Patrick Williams, co-chair of our healthy cooking contest for Cooking up Change, knows that for a lot of kids, a school lunch may be their main meal of the day. And a good meal, he says, “gives kids a level playing ground” for learning and succeeding in the classroom.
Check out the rest of the video, here:
- Chef Tim Reardon at The Dannon Company, gold sponsor of Cooking up Change, says he’s proud to see that HSC’s mission aligns with Dannon’s; here.
- Chef Stephen Menyhard explains why Cooking up Change is “a phenomenal experience”; here.
- Student Aljibri Reed says winning Cooking up Change allowed him to see his team make a real impact; here.
- Nyah Griffin, a contest alumni and current student mentor gives her perspective on the powerful experience of Cooking up Change; here.
- Chef David Blackmon, CPS program coordinator for culinary arts and hospitality, discusses the ways that Cooking up Change is about more than food in this short video.
- Louise Esaian, logistics officer and head of school nutrition for Chicago Public Schools, explains the power of the contest to help schools win, too, in this short video.
- Chef Jill Houk, cooking contest co-chair, explains the potential of Cooking up Change to raise awareness, in this short video.