Video Spotlight: ‘I Made a Difference in People’s Lives’
November 03, 2010 | Written By: Healthy Schools Campaign
Tilden Career Academy student Henry Walton, part of last year’s winning Cooking up Change team, says he’s proud to see how Cooking up Change impacted those around him and changed his outlook on healthy eating.
Check out his video, here:
- Chef Patrick Williams, cooking contest co-chair, says that a good school meal gives kids a fair chance at succeeding in the classroom; here.
- Dan Lesczcewicz, chef instructor at Tilden Career Academy, talks about the behind-the-scenes look at healthy cooking that kids receive through Cooking up Change; here.
- Chef Tim Reardon at The Dannon Company, gold sponsor of Cooking up Change, says he’s proud to see that HSC’s mission aligns with Dannon’s; here.
- Chef Stephen Menyhard explains why Cooking up Change is “a phenomenal experience”; here.
- Student Aljibri Reed says winning Cooking up Change allowed him to see his team make a real impact; here.
- Nyah Griffin, a contest alumni and current student mentor gives her perspective on the powerful experience of Cooking up Change; here.
- Chef David Blackmon, CPS program coordinator for culinary arts and hospitality, discusses the ways that Cooking up Change is about more than food in this short video.
- Louise Esaian, logistics officer and head of school nutrition for Chicago Public Schools, explains the power of the contest to help schools win, too, in this short video.
- Chef Jill Houk, cooking contest co-chair, explains the potential of Cooking up Change to raise awareness, in this short video.