Video Spotlight: ‘Teaching Children to Make Healthy Choices Should Be a Priority’
November 01, 2010 | Written By: Healthy Schools Campaign
Chef Tim Reardon at The Dannon Company, gold sponsor of Cooking up Change, says he’s proud to see that HSC’s mission aligns with Dannon’s. He says: “It’s important to give kids what they need to be healthy now as well as educate them on what they need to be healthy in the future.”
Check out the rest of the video here:
- Chef Stephen Menyhard explains why Cooking up Change is “a phenomenal experience”; here.
- Student Aljibri Reed says winning Cooking up Change allowed him to see his team make a real impact; here.
- Nyah Griffin, a contest alumni and current student mentor gives her perspective on the powerful experience of Cooking up Change; here.
- Chef David Blackmon, CPS program coordinator for culinary arts and hospitality, discusses the ways that Cooking up Change is about more than food in this short video.
- Louise Esaian, logistics officer and head of school nutrition for Chicago Public Schools, explains the power of the contest to help schools win, too, in this short video.
- Chef Jill Houk, cooking contest co-chair, explains the potential of Cooking up Change to raise awareness, in this short video.