State Medicaid & Education Standards for School Health Personnel: Making the Link to Medicaid Reimbursement for Student Health Services
School districts across the country are investing in school health programs to support the physical and behavioral health of their students. There is significant momentum to strengthen and improve school-based Medicaid programs to recognize the important work being done by a wide range of school health professionals and to ensure sustainable funding for the services they deliver.
Over the last year, Healthy Schools Campaign and Aurrera Health Group have prepared a detailed analysis of how state school Medicaid programs cover Medicaid-covered services, eligibility, billing providers, and Medicaid-qualified school nursing and behavioral health personnel in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The analysis enables state policymakers, school districts, advocates and others to better understand their state school Medicaid program, including its strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Watch the webinar below to learn more about the exciting momentum around investments in school Medicaid programs–and how states can align their programs for sustainable funding.
Moderator: Alex Mays, Healthy Schools Campaign
- Gladys Cook, Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health Care Financing and Policy
- Rossana Dagdagan, Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health Care Financing and Policy
- Christy McGill, Nevada Department of Education
- Pat Sanborn, Nevada Department of Education
- Julia Smith, Aurrera Health Group
- Stacie Weeks, Aurrera Health Group