States and school districts across the country are leveraging school health policies to support children’s health and learning during COVID-19. This includes making policy changes to support access to healthy meals, deliver telehealth services and implement programs to support the mental health of students and staff. Successful implementation of state and district policies is a key strategy to ensuring schools have access to the resources and guidance needed to support efforts to implement school health and wellness programs, ensure buy-in from key decision makers and access funding for school health and wellness programs.
Presented in partnership with Kaiser Permanente and Healthy Schools Campaign, this live, interactive session will help you identify and leverage policy opportunities in your state and school district that can be leveraged to support student success in times of crisis.
- Identify school health policy opportunities that can be leveraged during COVID-19 to support student success.
- Understand how to leverage these policy opportunities resulting from COVID-19 in your school district and school.
- Identify potential partners to support effective policy implementation during COVID-19.
- Cecelia Echeverria, Executive Director, Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Policy
- Alex Mays, Senior National Program Director, Healthy Schools Campaign
- Annie Reed, National Director of Thriving Schools, Kaiser Permanente
- Erin Simon, Director of Student Support Services, Long Beach Unified School District, California