Free Webinar on School-Based Telehealth Services
School-based telehealth services are increasingly being used in schools across the country to deliver health services to students.
This webinar will provide an overview of school-based telehealth services and an in-depth look at how states are currently using telehealth to serve Medicaid-eligible students in schools. Speakers will explore how states can maximize reimbursement opportunities for Medicaid-covered services in schools, such as behavioral health, speech therapy, and oral health.
Cheryl Casnoff, NORC
Steve North, Center for Rural Health Innovation
Lena O’Rourke, on behalf of Healthy Schools Campaign
Emily Wilson, Trust for America’s Health
Webinar Learning Objectives
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe what telehealth is and what it means to deliver services by telehealth in schools.
- Identify how telehealth works in practice within a school-based setting.
- Describe the ways that schools could pay for telehealth setup and sustain it for the long term, including Medicaid reimbursement.
- Identify state policies that enable schools to use telehealth and key decisions states can make to support telehealth.
- Identify states that are making progress on telehealth, particularly states with teams participating in the Healthy Students, Promising Futures national learning collaborative.