The New Medicaid Rules for Schools
Understanding the Historic, New Guide to Revamp School-Based Medicaid in Districts
This webinar has reached the maximum capacity of registrants. Please complete the registration form to receive the recording and accompanying slides after the presentation has concluded.
Healthy Schools Campaign, AASA, and the National Alliance for Medicaid in Education (NAME) will host a stakeholder briefing to unpack the first revision to the school-based Medicaid claiming guide since 1998. This historic new document will enable states and districts to transform their processes for billing Medicaid and ensure schools of all sizes can utilize Medicaid for behavioral-health services and other healthcare services provided to students with and without IEPs.
This webinar, featuring CMS Administrator Dan Tsai and OSERS Director Katy Neas, will unpack:
- Policy shifts in the new school-based services Medicaid guide
- Complementary policy changes at the U.S. Department of Education to expand school-based Medicaid reimbursement
- How the new guide will reduce the administrative burden on districts and states
- Steps and supports available to states to expand and strengthen their school-based Medicaid programs
- How AASA, NAME and HSC members can support state and district implementation efforts