Lunch Briefing: School Food Innovation
Across the country, millions of students rely on schools for meals—including hundreds of thousands of students here in Chicago. For over a decade, Healthy Schools Campaign has been a leader in advocating for strong nutrition standards, breakfast in the classroom and farm to school programs. Under the Obama Administration great progress was made, but now many of those gains are under threat. And low-income children of color and immigrants are most at risk. While the recently proposed rollbacks on school food nutrition standards are the backdrop for this briefing, we want to highlight innovations that are making it easier for schools to offer healthy, wholesome and locally grown food.
Join us for the first in a series of lunch briefings to learn about the latest developments impacting school food.
- Lunch and networking 12:00 p.m.
- Briefing and discussion 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Linda Mallers, CEO + President of FarmLogix
- Mark Celmer, CEO + Managing Director of Botaniline
- Crystal Cooper, Executive Director of Nutrition Support Services at Chicago Public Schools (CPS) on CPS’ efforts to provide students with nutritious and tasty school meals and constantly innovate to improve the meal program
If you have questions, please email Ida Kuruvilla or call 312-419-1810.