Healthy Schools Campaign (HSC), a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to making schools healthier places for all students, is seeking a full-time production coordinator. The production coordinator will support the communications team through project management and production of website updates, email campaigns, blog posts, digital reports and event materials. A strong sense of visual design, strong writing and editing skills, and a high attention to detail is required.
HSC works at the local, state and national levels. This position will be based in downtown Chicago.
- Create visual assets, such as choosing and sizing photos and logo files to accompany website, documents, presentations, posts and email campaigns.
- Provide a quality check and final proof of web content, documents, presentations, posts and email campaigns according to the HSC style guide.
- Use templates to create flyers, reports, event materials and other materials.
- Project manage, create and send emails and newsletters in Mailchimp, including collecting content from program staff and communications team, formatting the emails using Mailchimp templates, and sending test email to appropriate staff.
- Curate, schedule and post on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Manage projects with printers, photographers, videographers, designers, illustrators and other outside vendors.
- Post blogs, events and resources on the website. Manage website content updates, including to program and issue pages as well as managing the rotating homepage feature.
- Create webinar events in GoToWebinar and manage the broadcast during the live event.
- Create forms in Form Assembly, link to Salesforce and embed on website.
- Ensure PowerPoint presentations for events and webinars from staff and external partners align with the HSC style guide and presentation templates.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. High attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage concurrent assignments under tight deadlines.
- Efficient and tech savvy. Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proficient at using Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint in a professional setting.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience with content management systems, proficiency in WordPress preferred.
- Experience using email marketing software, proficiency in Mailchimp preferred.
- Experience managing social media accounts in a professional setting.
- 1-2 years post-college work experience.
- A commitment to Healthy Schools Campaign’s mission and values
- This position will require the production coordinator to work some evenings and weekends.
- This position requires some lifting for meeting and event setup. Candidates should be comfortable lifting at least 25 pounds.
- Candidates must be willing to submit to background checks.
The salary range is $40,000-$45,000 and dependent upon experience. Generous benefit package includes medical, dental and disability insurance, a 6% employer matching contribution to a retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation and sick leave.
Healthy Schools Campaign, a vibrant nonprofit organization, is a leading authority on healthy school environments and a voice for people who care about our environment, our children and education. HSC advocates for health-promoting policies on the national and state levels and has a special focus on Chicago Public Schools and the district’s low-income students of color. HSC believes that all stakeholders—including teachers, students, parents, principals and school nurses—must have a voice in decisions that affect the school environment.
Healthy Schools Campaign is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.People of color and individuals with diverse backgrounds and representing marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume, cover letter and design work sample to email@example.com. Please put your full name in the subject line.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Share an experience in which your attention to detail and thoroughness had an impact on your last company.
- Provide a time when you worked in a rapidly evolving workplace. How did you deal with the change?
- Describe your role in the design project you included and why you would like to highlight it. How did you collaborate with colleagues (e.g., copywriters, designers, project managers)?
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until May 31.